Re: cygthread + rxvt

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> Yep.  That was an interesting race.  Like most races, it was
really
> obvious once I found it.

Sometimes I feel deflated after finding bugs: so interesting to
find but boring and trivial once found (and then there's testing).

> It seems to work ok now but I haven't tested it rigorously.  I
was lulled
> into a false sense of security before when I really *had* tested
rxvt.
> I just didn't try it enough times to notice that it failed 50%
of the
> time at least.

I'll add my 2c of testing in a moment.  And thanks for the mount_h
patch: from where I'd got in my vacant gazing at the code it looks
right.  I'm going to have to draw a bl**dy big picture of the
whole DLL initialization / fork / spawn system one day; either
that or continue to limp along and hope someone more knowledgable
will fix the problems I find (or create) :-)

Cheers for now,

// Conrad