RE: Need name and functionality suggestions for a new utility

> > I don't think I want to go that crazy.  This is just for
> > cygwin objects.
> > Theoretically, the whole mount table will look different so mmap
> > objects, at least, will refer to different paths anyway.
>
> Ahh, touch /t
> run prog that mmaps to /t
> will conflict unless the named objects are created using
> win32 paths as
> their basis. And for canonical behaviour using the unix path
> makes sense
> to me.

I should mention why I'm concerned:

The first thing that will happen when this utility is available is that
anyone having multiple-cygwin-cross-comple-vendor-tools-issues (remember
the list recently) will try it. If it's suitable for running an isolated
test suite, but not for production side by side use, I can just imagine
the traffic volume.

Rob