Re: Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 02:09:19PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>>>Ok.  We seem to be slowly zeroing in on the problem.  Is someone willing
>>>to debug what's going on?  Why are the files deleted with
>>>VFORK/no-vfork?
>>>
>>>Has anyone tried turning off VFORK in cygwin and seeing if that solves
>>>the problem, too?
>>>
>>>We need to understand what mechanism is not being triggered to delete these
>>>files.
>>

>> Anyone working on this?  I'd like to make a new release someday and this
>> should obviously be fixed.
>>
>> It would be wonderful if I didn't have to actually load the newest version
>> of autoconf on my system and debug this after all of the previous debugging
>> attempts.
>

>Oops.  It dropped off my radar screen.  I'll try to take a look, but I'm
>running out of time.  At the risk of sounding like Bobby, Jr. <g>:
>
>My main development machine (a laptop) has had a mechanical failure, so
>I have to ship it off to Dell for repair on Monday. It looks like I'll
>be dead in the water for about a week after that.  I will have email
>access(*) via other machines, but none of those are setup for cygwin
>devel.  Or for LaTeX dissertation editing, for that matter. :-(

I've been having some system problems too.  That plus my "real job" have
limited my cygwin involvement slightly.

It seems like Corinna has tracked this down to a potential problem with
vfork but I don't really understand what that is.  It could well be a
problem with ash's use of vfork, too.