Re: vacation plans

On Thursday 5 Jul 01, Trevor Forbes writes:
> I think you should just release the dll as a test release, it works fine for
> me but who knows.....

Perhaps just put a new snapshot up before you go.  (Unless there been
no changes since 20010701.)  20010701 has got a showstopper problem
for me but maybe it's just me.  And I think it's crazy to release
with neither you nor Corinna around!

If someone ones to install a test version of Cygwin, they can just as
easily install the latest snapshot.  (Well, not as easy of course, but
I've got accurate instructions for this on the FAQ now.)

> As for setup, maybe just release it also as "test" package (no source) -
> "setup updating setup" ie not for beginners....

What about providing the new setup.exe from a "test" link that is only
advertised on the cygwin list?  A lot more people will be able to try
it (like me), but they'll know that they're getting a test release of
setup.  (It should not alert users of setup-2.57 to upgrade!)

My opinions, anyway.

Cheers,
David