Re: Outstanding issues with current DLL?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 02:41:14PM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >> Can you detail the series of events that led to the hang?  Were you typing
> >> anything?  Or did it just hang immediately on starting bash via rxvt?
> >>
> >> I don't use rxvt routinely but it sounds like I should be able to duplicate
> >> this.
> >>

> >The hang happens after clicking on the icon on the desktop.  I've always
> >awaited for a bash prompt that never returns.  The first time it
> >happened was right after I installed after building on 3/06.  It
> >mysteriously went away and I've had it happen occasionally ever since.
>
> Ok.  I just tried about 40 times to duplicate this and was unable to do
> so.  Could you send a cygcheck -r -s -v?
>
> Also, just on a hunch, could you try typing commands in the rxvt window
> and see if anything displays?  I've just had something similar to this
> happen to me.  bash appeared to be hung but it was actually not recognizing
> that it was running in a cygwin tty so it didn't display any prompt.

This problem doesn't exist in the 2001-Mar-12 snapshot.  However, I do
have an occasional lockup on exit.  The startup of the command window is
much faster, I had more that fifty windows open in less than 30 seconds
just by clicking on the
Office shortcut icon.

Earnie.