Re: time to unleash the new setup?

DJ Delorie wrote:
> so you should have been able to
> just re-run setup and it should have just installed the missing groff.

Actually, I have to say I didn't try that and I really should have before
anything else.  Instead I went to the Web site and checked to make sure I
could access the file and then downloaded from there.  But like I say the
rest of the install from the downloaded directory went fine.

> If you double-click the new cygwin icon on the desktop and you get a
> working bash shell, I guess it's working.  We don't try to create
> /etc/passwd and /etc/group on Win9x because we don't know what to put
> in them.

I get a working Bash shell so it seems to be working just fine.  You
mention /etc/passwd and /etc/group on Win9X and I did get the error
messages that I believe you added that it couldn't create them but I have
tried anything else with them - I just go to a straight bash shell.  Can
you use then login program and passwd and group files on a Win9x machine.

Brian Keener
bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com
75462.747@compuserve.com

Virtual  Access 5.50 build 311 Win95