Re: Can't build the latest snapshot with gcc-2.95.2-1

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 04:16:14PM -0500, Mumit Khan wrote:
>$ i686-pc-cygwin-gcc -g -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -c bug.cc
>$ i686-pc-cygwin-nm --dem bug.o | grep muto
>         U muto::~muto(void)
>
>Argh.
>
>The only solution I see now is to move the sigthread::init method to
>an implementation file as an out-of-line definition instead.

Ok.  I've moved it out.  It's no big deal since it is always called once.
It almost sounds like there was a static buffer being set aside in every
file including sigproc.h, which I certainly don't want.

In case anyone is curious about the strange muto construction, I have to
assign a static buffer because mutos are used prior to jumping into the
fork magic and they get confused when the heap changes after a fork
operation.

One of these days DJ or I are going to clean up the winsup include file
layout.  It is really frustrating to deal with...

Sorry about not getting the problem on the first round.  I'm actually
glad that I made the changes that I did to winsup, though.  I think
it cleaned up some include file stuff.

Please let me know if the changes I have now made fix the problem.