Re: Yet another hanging issue.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 12:10:25PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>As I mentioned, this is 100% reproducable. I tried to reproduce it
>under strace control (startimg tcsh, some cmd, change win size,
>start cmd via strace) but unfortunately strace hangs on starting
>it already. The output file remains empty :-(

It sounds like you should be runnning strace on the tcsh process.
Make sure that you use the latest version of strace.
I can't duplicate this with an xterm on linux, unfortunately.

If strace still doesn't work, could you attach to the hung process
with gdb and then send me a stack trace of threads 1 2 and 3 (if
there is a thread 3)?