Re: tiny winsup config patch

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, DJ Delorie wrote:

> I didn't think you *could* build cygwin1.dll without newlib in the
> same tree.  Even if you could, the newlib we build with is the one we
> want includes from, so if we know where that is, that's where we
> should get includes from.

In that case, I suggest having winsup configure check for newlib in the
build tree, and choke if not found. We basically add -nostinc when
compiling both winsup and winsup/utils, and also EXE_LDFLAGS always
has '-B../../newlib -L../'.

If this seems appropriate, and it does to me to avoid bizarre and hard
to track down errors, it's a trivial change. I'll send a patch if ok.

Regards,
Mumit