Re: [ITP] python-h5py 2.2.0

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:36:06AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jan 15 07:25, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 15/01/2014 03:57, Chris LeBlanc wrote:
>> >It's been several weeks since I posted this ITP and there hasn't been
>> >a response.
>> >
>> >Version 2.2.1 of h5py is out, and I'm willing to package it for Cygwin
>> >but I'll need to know if this package will be accepted.  Please let me
>> >know if I'm doing something incorrectly or if I should make any
>> >changes.
>> >
>> >I know there is a new package upload system, but it appears to be for
>> >accepted packages only.  Please let me know if I can use this upload
>> >system for this proposed package.
>
>You can.  Just have a read at
>https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
>and send the public part of an ssh key as outlined.

Actually, you can't use the upload system to upload packages that aren't
accepted.  This is only for packages which are listed in
cygwin-pkg-maint.  So, yes, the upload system is only intended for
packages that are accepted.  It isn't intended to be used as temporary
staging for packages that might be accepted.