Re: cannot run setup64.exe without admin privileges (even if renamed foo.exe)

Hi Corinna,

On Nov 04 22:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
any news?

Sorry, yes. I have seen the emails (I do like cats :-D). I shouldn't
offer excuses, but two concepts can explain my time deficit in the
intervening period: terrible twos and various viruses (non computer).

Kicked into action ;-) I've been sneaking time away from my domestic
situation over the last couple of nights. I've worked out a better
approach for the logging. It was quite simple, but my early attempts to
understand the logging code were rushed.

I still want to implement and test excluding enforced elevation as a
default on XP, as I am sure it will be a nuisance. But I'll publish
that as a separate patch in a couple of hours from now (I expect it
should be a straightforward application of the code snippet you
suggested).

But here's the base patch attached in any case.

--
Regards,
Shaddy