Re: [ITP] WeeChat -- Fast, light and extensible chat client

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 06:47:28PM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-10-18 11:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Oct 18 16:54, Sebastien wrote:
> >>And I understood why they were missing: my locale is french under cygwin
> >>(LANG=fr_FR), and the cygport tool is grepping output of "objdump -p" for the
> >>text "DLL Name:" (file pkg_info.cygpart in cygport sources). When your locale is
> >>not english, this text is translated (in french I have: "Nom DLL:").
> >>
> >>So if I run cygport with this command:
> >>
> >>   cygport weechat-0.4.2-1.cygport package
> >>
> >>I have nothing in "requires" field.
> >>
> >>Instead I have to run:
> >>
> >>   LANG=C cygport weechat-0.4.2-1.cygport package
> >>
> >>which gives all dependencies in the "requires" field.
> >>
> >>I think it is a bug in cygport tool.
> >>Or at least, if you consider it's not a bug, it should be mentioned in the help
> >>that the tool must be run with an english locale (or LANG=C). Anyway, I think it
> >>would be better to fix that, so that other users will not spent time like me to
> >>understand why the "requires" field is empty!
> >
> >Yaakov, any comment?
>
> This should be fixed in git master, commit 50cdfcd; running cygport
> itself with LANG=C should NOT be necessary.
>
> (BTW, I'm willing to consider localizing cygport itself if there are
> interested translators.)
>

> Yaakov

Thanks Yaakov for the fix.
I'll wait for the new cygport version in cygwin, and I'll let you know if the
fix is working for me.

I can help with french translations, just ping me if you need help with that.

--
Cordialement / Best regards
SÃbastien.

web: flashtux.org / weechat.org      mail: flashcode@flashtux.org