Re: Deleting old versions of packages

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 09:02:56PM +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Leave everything as is at the upload side, but add two cleanup passes on
>the release directory; a first that deletes zero-sized files and a
>second that removes empty directories.  That way a maintainer can
>"upload" a file that he wants to be deleted.  Then upset will see the
>cleaned up release directory and setup.ini won't have to specify tzhe
>exact versions of files most of the time.

I don't think I have to worry about empty directories.  Those are easy
to purge.  I was trying to avoid the zero-length file scenario but maybe
that's the best that can be done.  The ordering would have to be right
so that upset doesn't first reference a file and then delete it of
course.

In another discussion someone suggested a web-based form for deletion
but if I was going to use that, I might as well use that method for
upload too.  I don't think I'm ready to scrap sftp now that this is
implemented.