Re: Preparation for gcc 4.7.3-1

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
> * gcc4-* are replaced by upgrade helpers for gcc-* 4.7.

I did a completely fresh installation of Cygwin for a colleague today
and it broke due to missing gcc-4 and g++-4 links (since it hadn't been
upgraded).  It was easily fixed, but I think the current package needs
to provide those links, not just the upgrade helpers.  The culprit was
an Inline::C compilation, AFAIK it's been using the Config module that
comes with the Perl 5.14 installation to arrive at those names.

A separate defect (that has not been a problem for me so far) of the new
gcc naming scheme is that gcc-core installs a script
fix-libtool-scripts-for-latest-gcc-runtimes.sh in /usr/sbin that also
references gcc-4.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: