Re: [HEADSUP] openssl-1.0.1 vs. openssl 0.9.8

Hi Corinna,

On 12 February 2013 10:21, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> since openssl 1.0.1 is our recent version for a while now, I'd like to
> ask those of you which still have packages linked against libopenssl098
> to update your packages to new versions linked against libopenssl100.
>
> The following packages are affected:
>
>   libtorrent11  Chris Sutcliffe
>   libtorrent14  Chris Sutcliffe
>
> There isn't much pressure yet, since I'll continue to support the old
> libopenssl098 a while, but if it's not asked too much, it would be nice
> if you could update your packages.

I've been fighting with the latest stable rtorrent / libtorrent (as
have many people - FreeBSD, etc.) as it has a tendency to peg CPUs at
100%.  As a result the Cygwin release is lagging behind the upstream
release and is the reason there hasn't been a recent release.  I'm
more than happy to rebuild the current release (i.e. libtorrent14)
against the updated libopenssl, question I have is do I also need to
rebuild the previous release (i.e. libtorrent11), or can we just drop
it?

Thanks,

Chris