Re: ITP: cscope -- Interactively examine a C program source

On Oct 19 22:37, Dave And Diane wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> mlcscope does provide some differences - it was designed to be
> multi-lingual rather than assume C style parsing rules and a few
> menus were different.
>
> Unfortunately it never evolved beyond the initial implementation and
> I doubt that anyone would notice.
>
> Normally, yes creating a package dependency and a link from mlcscope
> to cscope would be a good idea and I would encourage that. I must
> admit though, I don't actually know of anyone using mlcscope so I'm
> not sure it will actually help anyone. I'd love to be proven wrong -
> perhaps it was wildly popular and I didn't know it ;-) If you think
> its worth continuing on this path to be safe, I'll be happy to help.

Ok... I guess, what we can do is simply to obsolete mlcscope.  I'd
create an empty new package and tweak the setup.hint file to require
cscope.  After that it would be nice if you could just create a short
announcement that mlcscope has been replaced by cscope and mlcscope
gets discontinued.

Does that make sense?

Red Hat