Re: [RFC] cygport: split debuginfo packages

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
> Attached is a first draft of a patch to support split debuginfo
> packages automatically in cygport.  I'm looking for comments and
> suggestions, particularly on the following:

The automatic generation of the packages works great, thank you.

Looking at the resulting proliferation of packages I'm beginning to
think however that the debuginfo packages should perhaps be treated like
the source packages (including "foreign" debuginfo) and the associated
handling in genini/upset/setup just like source packages, too.

So if there's a source package package-version-src.tar.bz2, then the
debuginfo package would be called package-version-debuginfo.tar.bz2 and
it would be selected from libpackage if that had package as a foreign
source.  I hope this description makes sense...

Regards,
Achim.