RE: setup.exe -s (--site) option not working

David King sent the following at Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:14 PM
>cygwin install, version 2.763
>
>I created a batch file to auto install cygwin with some packages (see
>below). When I run the batch file from a command prompt, it just outputs
>"getUrlToStream failed" multiple times before it ends. If I take out
>the -s option and run the batch file, the gui displays and stops on the
>page to choose a download site and then the next page goes into the
>package selection gui. If I quit the gui installer at that point, and
>then re-run my batch file, the install performs perfectly. My best guess
>is that it's loading the previously selected download site in one of the
>generated setup files. Is this a known issue or is there a workaround?
>
>The batch file is here: https://gist.github.com/1630619
>
>The output saved to my setup.log is here:
>https://gist.github.com/1630611

My GUESS is that setup cannot guess what directory of mirrors.kernel.org
to look in.  The links to mirrors on http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html point
to directories, not to the roots of the servers  Try
  http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/
with or without the training slashes, or maybe
  http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/

Good luck,

- Barry