[ITP] pbzip2 (and what was the upshot on pbzip2/libbz2 incompatibility?)

This builds out of the box; I just pulled the packaging files from cygports (thanks!). Think it's worth adding to main distro though.

It's in most distros:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/pbzip2?_csrf_token=ad400067b7e05d4afe0cb7e74860399022796bce
http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/pbzip2
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=pbzip2
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/archivers/pbzip2/

category: Archive
requires: libbz2_1 libgcc1 libstdc++6
sdesc: "Parallel BZIP2 de/compressor"
ldesc: "PBZIP2 is a parallel implementation of the bzip2 block-sorting
file compressor that uses pthreads and achieves near-linear speedup on
SMP machines. The output of this version is fully compatible with bzip2."

If I get a green light I'll go ahead and upload the package from my laptop when I get a moment.

Separately, I'm curious what the upshot was on this earlier discussion of pbzip2 incompatibilities:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2011-03/msg00160.html

Did you ever figure out anything further on this? Did you report any bugs to the pbzip2 project? At my work we are using pbzip2 to compress critical data archives so I would definitely like to know if it is in fact incompatible in some subtle way. If it's at all helpful, I have used Apache commons compress Java library to decompress these archives with no issues.

Thanks!