Re: [Patch] Add rebase-dump application to rebase package

> Hmm.  I just figured that moving the entire db stuff into rebase-db.c
> isn't as simple as I imagined.  Functions and global variables are
> pretty much intertwined in a non modular way.

Yep...I had similar, but much smaller, issues when moving the dump_*
methods to rebase-db.[h,c].  This will be a non-trivial refactoring.

> I assume you might just go ahead and apply your dumper and we get
> a new rebase package out of the door.  We can clean this up later.

Ack.  Given Jason hasn't reponded to my patch, and your positive review,
I've invoked the libtool 3-day rule and committed it.

> Idle musing: I think we should create some sort of global settings
> structure which can be used as a parameter or something...

Yep. That's typically the way I handle these issues, even in very simple
apps that don't need it -- 'cause they ALWAYS grow to become non-simple,
and it's a lot harder to add it later. :-)

But that can also wait until after the next release.  AFAICT, we're
ready to go -- so it's up to Jason to bump the library and application
version numbers, tag it in cvs, and publish a new package.

Jason?

--
Chuck