Re: [RFU] unison2.40

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 05:08:40AM -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>> Please upload, removing 2.40.61-1 and leaving 2.40.16-2 as the previous
>> release.  Thanks, Andrew.
>
>Ping.  I think this got lost in the shuffle, probably because it came right
>after the previous RFU and had the same subject.  I guess I should specify the
>full upload version in the subject, to make sure the messages can be easily
>distinguished.  Thanks, Andrew.
>
>cd release/unison
>B='http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/unison'
>wget -x -nH --cut-dirs=3 \
> ${B}/unison2.40/unison2.40-2.40.61-2.tar.bz2 \
> ${B}/unison2.40/unison2.40-2.40.61-2-src.tar.bz2
>rm unison2.40/unison2.40-2.40.61-1*

Uploaded.

Btw, this is not how a package should be uploaded.  A package should be
first put in a staging area and then moved to its final location when it
has been completely retrieved.  If you download directly to the release
area you will have a chance of a mirror grabbing an incomplete tarball
while you are in the process of downloading the package to sourceware.

There's still a race when downloading to a staging area and moving the
files but it is a smaller window and, if the staging area, is in the
same filesystem as the release area, the window will be an
all-or-nothing file exists/doesn't exist scenario rather than a
partial-file scenario.

cgf