Re: HEADSUP maintainers: Change in openssl package requires change in setup.hint

On Jun 24 15:55, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote on 2010-06-24:
>
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >according to the discussion starting here
> >http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2010-06/msg00101.html
> >the layout of the openssl package has changed so that the runtime
> >libraries are now in the libopenssl098 package, rather than in the
> >openssl base package.
> >
> >The openssl package will be switched from 0.98 to 1.0.0 really soon now,
> >and that switch will also introduce the new runtime package
> >libopenssl100.  This package is slightly backward incompatible with
> >0.9.8.
>
> What are the plans to deal with the hash vs. oldhash for the CApath
> directories? All the directories hosting single-cert-per-file stuff
> will have to be rehashed.

There are no plans.

> Are the openssl maintainers aware there have been c_rehash fixes
> post-1.0.0 release? I've filed one, and one other to generate dual
> symlinks with a special c_rehash option which TTBOMK has not been
> accepted upstream yet, but can also help with sharing such
> directories between -0.9.8 and 1.0.0+ installations, should that be
> necessary -- and I guess that would be the case from the existence
> of separate packages for 0.9.8X and 1.0.0X.

I have no idea about this stuff.  I'm maintaining openssl primarily
since it's required for openssh.  If there's anything which isn't
fixed upstream, it won't be fixed for Cygwin.  The Cygwin 1.0.0a-1
package is from the vanilla sources.  The 0.9.8 runtime libs will
only be kept in place until all packages using it have been converted to
1.0.0.  I have no incentive to keep old runtime libs indefinitely.

Red Hat