Re: Packages still installed into /usr/X11R6/bin

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Peter A. Castro wrote:

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Hi guys,

according to http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-12/msg00057.html there are
four packages left which are still installed into /usr/X11R6/bin/, namely

 openbox   ORPHANED)
 tcm       Daniel Boesswetter
 tetex-x11 Jan Nieuwenhuizen
 x3270     Peter A. Castro

Daniel, Jan, Peter, could you please rebuild these packages for 1.7,
so that they are going to be installed into /usr/bin instead?

I'll see about moving x3270.exe into /usr/bin (though I still don't understand the justifcation for this movement), there's several other files in this package which will remain in the /usr/X11R6 hierarchy. I presume this won't cause any problem?

Hmm...ok, scratch that. I see why this is being done and I'll need to relocate the current X11R6 objects to where the rest of the X related files are. I should have something ready soon.

Anybody here willing to take over openbox maintainership?  If not,
I'll pull this package in a week or so.

Thanks,
Corinna

-- Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com> "Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood