_update-info-dir (was Re: [RFC] GCC-4 new packaging.)

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 04:47:29PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>  ?? But doesn't that mean the info directory page would only get updated
>every time there's a new release of texinfo?  I'm really confused here.  I
>thought we used the _update-info-dir dependency to save having to add the
>postinstall scripts built by prep_gnu_info.sh.  How would "install-info" get
>called on the new info files?

I don't know why dependencies on _update-info-dir keep creeping into
various setup.hint files but I have just taken a sweep through the
setup.hints in the release and release-2 directories.

You should not be adding this dependency to your setup.hint file.

cgf