RE: setup-1.7 with -D and -L options

Ralph Hempel wrote on 20 August 2008 17:00:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>
>>   Basically a WDDTT situation, but you're right, we should forbid it
>> rather than allow what is effectively "undefined behaviour".  Care to
>> file a bugzilla?
>
> Sure, but I'd also like to be able to make sure that there's not another
> issue lurking in there :-)

  Ahh, hang on ... maybe -D and -L /should/ be allowed together.

> If I run the following command line:
>
> setup -q -n -s http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/
>    -l c:\cygwin\SetupTest\1.7 -R c:\cygwinTest -P autoconf,gcc-core,make
>
> Then the required packages and dependencies get downloaded to a local
> directory, but the install does not happen.

  See /etc/setup/last-action.  It memorized your "-D" from last time round
(just as it would memorise which radio button you selected).

> I have to run setup.exe again and specify the -L option....
>
> setup -q -n -L -s http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/
>    -l c:\cygwin\SetupTest\1.7 -R c:\cygwinTest -P autoconf,gcc-core,make

  So my first thought was that the real issue here is that we need to add a
"-I".  But then looking at last-action I see that it works how the
command-line options could/should work: it has "Download" or "Install" or
"Download,Install"; i.e. it's like checkboxes rather than radioboxes.

  So I figure we ought to make -D and -L together work as if you had specified
nothing at all.

    cheers,
      DaveK