RE: [patch] a new setup.exe parameter to specify packages

Christopher Faylor wrote on 05 August 2008 21:49:

> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 01:46:33PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> Maybe it's time to start looking for additional setup maintainers.
>>> Anyone want to volunteer?
>>
>> I would be very pleased to see this happen, since it's clear that the
>> current amount of manpower that I can donate is lacking.
>
> I assumed as much.  If this sounded in any way like a condemnation of
> the current setup maintainers I really apologize.
>
> cgf

  No, no offense taken.  We know we're overloaded!

  OTOH, I have to roll out some new packages to my internal users in the
next few days, and it would be convenient for me if I could just email round
a shell script or command-line for them all to run rather than making them
click through all the dialogs and select packages in the chooser, so I think
I'll take the opportunity to upgrade our internal build of setup and
integrate one of the relevant patches while I'm doing it.

  Bryan, Kohsuke, thank you both for your efforts, and your patience; I hope
to be able to bring you good news very soon.

    cheers,
      DaveK