Re: fftw3 and octave

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr 1 00:02, Charles Wilson wrote:
So, we usually don't allow software in the distro that links against libaries that AREN'T part of the distro -- unless you take special care to distribute also those EXACT sources as part of your fftw3-src package.

s/fftw3/octave/

I'll leave this to Corinna and cgf to decide, but it seems to me that either:

(1) you must rebuild your official package without reliance on Qhull, Hdf5, and qlpk/SuiteSparse, or
(2) include the EXACT Qhull/Hdf5/qlpk/SuiteSparse source code tarballs within the fftw3-src tarball

s/fftw3/octave/

(3) you [or someone else] must ITP these packages

100% correct.

Well, except that when I said "fftw3-src" I should have said "octave-src". But it's mmot anyway, because Marco is pursuing option #3.

--
Chuck