Re: RXVT doesn't recognize ALT + Cursor keys

On Aug 20 16:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I'm just a bit puzzled about the key codes.  By default, when rxvt is
> invoked without explicitely setting the terminal name (-tn option),
> rxvt is recognized as an xterm.  The cursor keys correctly return
> ESC [ A to ESC [ D.  However, the Home and End keys return ESC [ 7 ~
> and ESC [ 8 ~, while a real xterm returns ESC [ H and ESC [ F.
>
> Ok, so I set the terminal to rxvt-cygwin-native as suggested in the
> README file.
>
> Now the Home and End keys are ok, because the termcap/terminfo entry
> for these keys is matching.  However, the termcap/terminfo entries
> expect ESC O A to ESC O D for the cursor keys but, as I wrote above,
> rxvt returns the xterm sequences ESC [ A to ESC [ D, so the cursor
> keys don't work anymore.

On further looking into this, it appears that the termcap/terminfo
entries are wrong.  ESC O A to ESC O D are only generated after
entering the DEC expanded cursor mode with ESC [ ? 1 h.  The default
codes are ESC [ A to ESC [ D.  It's not clear to me why the
termcap/terminfo entries list the expanded mode sequences instead of
the standard sequences.

Red Hat