Re: New Berkeley DB 4.5.20 from Oracle Corporation

    > Your packages are known to be well packed, but I think a quick ITP
    > wouldn't hurt.  Thanks for doing this, btw.

In lack of public web space I have temporarily uploaded the packages to sourceware

 o sourceware.org:/home/vzell/db

If everything looks good, you can move them to the release directory.
Right now I'm using more or less the same build script as Gerrit.

    > As for Gerrit's db packages, would you be willing to take over
    > maintainership of them?  It would be good for the records to have

Ok.

    > an active maintainer and I didn't see any problems with these
    > packages so far.  There's also the question if some of them could
    > be obsoleted, something I have no idea about.

I think there are still packages around which require specific versions
of berkdb. When I have time I can repackage the db packages to use
alternatives. db-2 and db-3.1 should also be repackaged to use /usr/share/doc
instead of /usr/doc, so that we can get rid of /usr/doc one day.

    > Corinna

Ciao
  Volker