Re: [ITP] ncdu 1.1

On Jun 15 07:59, Christian Franke wrote:
> DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
> >Incidentally, I downloaded the source from the
> >http://dev.yorhel.nl/ncdu/ and it compiled flawlessly under Cygwin.
> >
> >I ran it and had it start at the root folder, "/".
> >
> >I anticipated it taking a very long time to finish, but not hours.  I
> >let it run for around four hours during which my processor stayed > 90%
> >usage, even with On-access virus scanning disabled.
> >
> >During which time is dug through all of my mapped network drives, my
> >entire local hard drive, and the Windows registry via /proc/registry.
> >

> Confirmed.
> Actually ncdu does not handle the special case "/" and calls e.g.
> lstat("//bin",.).
> This is OK on Linux & friends, but specifies an UNC path on Cygwin.
> (I don't know whether POSIX specifies the behaviour on duplicate slashes).
> ncdu also does not handle the error returned by lstat() in this case.

POSIX allows double slashes having an implementation-defined meaning.
See SUSv3, chapter 4.11 Pathname Resolution:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/xbd_chap04.html#tag_04_11
especially the last paragraph.  So NCDU is behaving non-portable in
this case (as a lot of other applications, too, unfortunately).

Red Hat