Re: Cygwin service account (Re: inetd help)

On Jul 17 10:12, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> cron-config already has a pretty much self contained function to create
> such a privileged usr, it would be easy to extend it (if needed). It['s
> adapted
> from Corinna's ssh stuff, and it is also used for exim (add it to the list).
>
> It also looks for typical server names such as sshd_server cyg_server
> cron_server
> and offers to reuse them if they exist.

Sounds good for reuse.

> One issue that I notice is that sshd_server is (at least, "was") setting
> its home directory
> to something special. Is it needed? Other servers may also require unusual
> settings.
> We should identify the superset of the special needs.

No, there's no special need for the home directory of the sshd_server
account.  I just used /var/empty as for the unprivileged sshd account
because it sounded like a good idea way back when.  You can set it to
almost everything.  Maybe we should follow the typical Linux layout
and create a "/cygwin_server" directory, similar to "/root" on Linux.

Red Hat