gcj --- Was: (RE: Maintainer searched)

I didn't get the whole thread of this. Is someone going to try and fix the
gcj? I have 3 applications that I would like to submit (Apache Tomcat,
Apache Ant, and Servsys) that I can not get to build using gcj (core dump).
I am really not sure what to do. They build perfectly using Suns jdk.

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Chris

(1) libjava is "hopelessly broken", according to Danny Smith. I have to
concur -- I was not able to get it to build at all, so I gave up
including the java compiler in my 4.1.0 build.  According to Danny, the
java compiler requires a shared libjava (and shared libgcc) -- but see
below about DLLs.  (According to Danny, it takes over 1G RAM to
successfully turn a libjava.a into a DLL+implib ; I never even got
libjava.a to build so I can't verify).