Re: [ITP] tcp_wrappers 7.6

> Just go ahead.  You won't need votes or something,
> just the GTG from one of us lazy maintainers.

I don't think you are lazy at all!

I did try searching before I posted about this, but it
was only today when I finally found some links and was
able to write a good setup.hint.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.applications/5489
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.applications/12934

#TCP Wrappers
sdesc: "Provides host-based access restrictions on tcp
services"
ldesc: "TCP Wrappers, With this package you can
monitor
and filter incoming requests for the SSHD, SYSTAT,
FINGER, FTP, TELNET, RLOGIN, RSH, EXEC, TFTP, TALK,
and
other network services.

The package provides tiny daemon wrapper programs that
can be installed without any changes to existing
software or to existing configuration files.  The
wrappers report the name of the client host and of the
requested service; the wrappers do not exchange
information with the client or server applications,
and
impose no overhead on the actual conversation between
the client and server applications."
curr: 7.6-1
prev: 7.6-1
test: 7.6-2
category: Net
requires: cygwin

> <hint>
> Another iteration of the tcp_wrappers package with a
> shared lib instead of just a static lib would be a
> nice-to-have, too.
> </hint>

I will take this on, but not until 7.6-3.  I want to
make sure I get the packaging correct, first.

I'm sticking with the "Method Two" source distribution
for now, as well.

Regards,
Bryan

I need to subscribe to the non-digest list. Sorry if
this thread is broken.