Re: ATTN Harold Hunt - Re: https no longer supported with wget v1.10.1

Got it...

One question though: when you built it, was it statically linking the ssl libs? When I just rebuilt it, it statically linked them... which makes me think that the openssl install dependency is wrong, since I'm pretty sure there aren't any config files needed from the openssl package and the dynamic libraries, by definition, aren't needed for statically linked apps...

What do you think?

Harold

Hack Kampbjorn wrote:
Kelly Bagnell wrote:

Why is https no longer supported with wget v1.10.1

It seems the new wget maintainer did not have openssl-devel installed
when he packaged the new wget version.

-----

GNU Wget 1.9.1

MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the

Originally written by Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xemacs.org>.

[@KGB smc]$ wget --output-document=https.html https://www.cygwin.com

--00:03:43-- https://www.cygwin.com/

=> `https.html'