Re: Is setup-2.506 ready to release?

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> > I've been pointing people to setup-2.506-alpha.exe for a while now,
> > with no problem reports.  It's been repeatedly dubbed a "release
> > candidate" by various developers.  Any reason why it hasn't been
> > released yet?
> >
> > The reason I'm asking is that there are a few pending patches to
> > setup, which, I assume, aren't going in until after the next release.
>
> Yes, there are still a couple of minor little things that I had hoped to
> give attention to, but unfortunately just never got around to it.

Would you mind summarizing these if you have them handy?  I could probably
find them in the archives, but searching for "setup issues" is notoriously
hard to get right... :-)

> What we have now is probably better than the current released setup
> anyway, so going ahead with a release probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
>
> WRT to your patch that adds the size column, I would like to apply it
> but I was hoping for a version that used MB instead of bytes, so that
> the column is a little easier to read.  If you already posted that one
> then please forgive me as I must have missed it.

No, it's my fault -- I've been meaning to get back to it and fix it, but
got sidetracked (though I was planning to use the "...k" formatting).
I'll see what I can do in the next week or so.  FWIW, I'm not going to be
particularly disappointed if it doesn't appear in the next release...

> Also, that change that makes it try bash instead of sh for scripts
> should go in if we're about to release.

Would it be possible to post a list of outstanding issues with setup (I
mean all issues, not just those that should be fixed before the release)?
Or are they in bugzilla already?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/