Observation for ALL maintainers who provide dlls (was Re: question for perl maintainer)

[redirecting to cygwin-apps]
On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 07:27:55PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Jul  8 17:20, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >I don't think so but I don't think it will use cygwin's address anyway.
>>
>> Ok.  Maybe Corinna should do the same for openssl?
>
>What? Why?  OpenSSL uses another base address already in the Makefile
>(0x63000000).

Do we need to coordinate this among all package maintainers, maybe?
Maybe we could publish a list of all of the dlls in the system along
with standard base addresses for each and ask that maintainers make
sure that their DLL complies with the base address.

The more I think about this, the more I believe that we shouldn't have
to continually tell users to run rebaseall.  Setting the base address
is something that should be done once, by the maintainer, not every
time a person installs a package.

cgf