Re: [ITP] email-2.3.0

On Oct 18 08:42, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> > Ross Smith II wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Also, given that
> > > http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/nail/nail/README?rev=HEAD&view=markup
> > > states:
> > >[...]
> > My general response to arguments like that is:  fuck 'em.  I'll port it just
> > to be a thorn in the guys side.
> >
> > Harold
>
> Good one, Harold.
>
> We've been having this exact discussion every year or so...  Now that we
> have managed mounts, however, this threat is actually valid.
>
> Normally, I'd be against a package that *requires* managed mounts to
> build, but in this particular case I'll make an exception.  Not that this
> opinion counts one way or another -- it's up to CGF and Corinna anyway...

Given Harold's name change of the aux.c file, +1 for nail.

However, I read the man page of the email package and it looks interesting
as well.  Another +1 also for the email package.

<historical sidenote>
Way back when, the OpenSSH sources contained a file called aux.c as well.
After I had explained the problem on Windows, the file has been renamed to
misc.c.  I'm glad that not all developers are fundamentalists as the nail
developer apparently is.
</historical sidenote>

Red Hat, Inc.