Some troubles encounted in preparing an official package

Hi, all

I'm tring to build sylpheed-claws, a powerful mail client using gtk as
GUI toolkit,
with the glib/gtk packages from the official release. But I haven't
made an official package , thus some questions come to my world:

1. When using generic-build-scrpit, I found usually ${objdir} is set
to ${srcdir}/.build,
but sylpheed-claws seems could not be build successfully in this way.
Is the case common? Or I just missed something?

2. Need all patches be generated on .am files and use automake to
re-generate the .in files(such as Makefile.in, etc)?  In the past when
porting applications for cygnome and cygnome2, I used some workaround
on .in files.  But seem that some 'tricks'  could not be applied on
Makefile.am.

3. Sylpheed-claws have many plugins. One of them,
spamassassin_gtk.dll, depends on another plugin spamassassin.dll.
When assign '-module' to LDFLAGS of these two modules, 'libtool
--mode=install'   could not install spamassassin_gtk.dll sucdessfully
(see errors attached below)  I had to add option --ignore-errors to
'make install'. Is that allowed in g-b-s?

Yang Guilong

------8< -- error messages when 'make install'  for plugin
spamassassin_gtk.dll --------------

*** Warning: Linking the shared library spamassassin_gtk.la against
the loadable module
*** spamassassin.dll.a is not portable!

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lspamassassin.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libspamassassin but no candidates were found. (...for file magic test)

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module spamassassin_gtk.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.