Re: Harold gone?

Chuck hit the nail on the head. I handed over control of Cygwin/X because I am no longer interested in it. On the other hand, I still use Cygwin proper to get things done, so I can't exactly just sit there if package "foo" is not yet available for Cygwin and I need it for something I am working on... I'll have to package and maintain it myself. So Chuck was right in guessing that I am not giving up my non-X packages, but I am giving up the Cygwin/X project and I don't want to work on the X Server anymore, that is all.

Harold

Charles Wilson wrote:

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Hm, Harold is gone...

Who takes over all his packages?

Dunno if Harold is "gone" as in "shall never darken our door again." He just relinquished primary control over the cygwin-xfree project. He didn't say anything about giving up any of his other packages, nor that he would stop reading these lists.

Now, it may be true that he IS going to give up all of his pkgs and leave "the cygwin community" -- but so far, he hasn't said that, or if he did I missed it.

Let's not probate the will until we're sure he's kaput.

--
Chuck