Re: setup.exe development stalled?

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

In six days there has been zero discussion of this. Does that mean that setup.exe maintainership is up for grabs? If so, I've got things that I need to start doing with setup.exe, so I would be very interested in taking responsibility for setup.exe. I have the time for it now as well, and a project I am working on will really need setup.exe to be more robust and reliable (such as not blindly and silently unpacking files to mount points that do not point to physical disk locations).

I'll start working on setup.exe next week and see how the maintainership question develops.

My own suggestion would be to switch to NSIS to do initial Cygwin setup, then use something standard like apt or rpm once the initial setup is done. Cygwin having its own installer is not a very good use of resources. -- Joe Buehler