Re: Pending Packages List, 2004-03-13

To help clean up the ITP list, I've been working on this for a while. It is possible to get something which mostly works by simply compiling everything under cygwin (and this is actually how the offical windows distribution works). There are however quite a large number of additional libraries which do not work in the resulting package due to problems with forking and executing other problems (these are not problems with cygwin I believe, but simply assumptions that should not have been made).

While I hope to return with working packages eventually (either by significantly cutting down on the libraries that come packaged, or moving through and doing an intensive fix), for the moment I shall withdraw the ITP from here.

ITP: GAP [2003-10-06] Description: a famous group manipulation package ITP: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-10/msg00102.html HOLD-UPS: Missing 3 votes. No package, nothing to review!