Re: [ITP] elinks-0.9.0

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> > > 3- Sites which use compression (like Slashdot) may hang it.
> > >
> > > "Received 21 KiB of 41 KiB, speed 27 KiB/s"
> > >
> > > and it stays here forever.
> >
> > slashdot.org works for me.  No problems.  Got any other sites that I can
> > try it with?  Give me exact URLs so that I don't accidentally point to
> > version of the site that doesn't have compression enabled.
>
> I could reproduce it opening freshmeat.net. I tried 3 times and
> it always stayed at "Received 9.0KiB, speed 23 KiB/s". The same
> with 0.4.3.
>
> I'm not used to gdb, but using 'attach' and 'where' didn't
> help. Do you know what the right commands are ?

Well, freshmeat.net worked just after it got updated. But I can
reproduce it at
http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/18/1229216

I uploaded a trace in case it helps -
http://www.pervalidus.net/tmp/elinks.txt.gz . It doesn't get
updated after it stays forever at "Received 21KiB of 28KiB,
speed 27 KiB/s".

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html