Re: [ITP] ImageMagick

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> I would like to contribute and maintain ImageMagick:
>
>      http://www.imagemagick.org/
>
> ImageMagick 5.5.7 is a robust collection of tools and libraries offered
> under a usage license to read, write, and manipulate an image in many
> image formats (over 89 major formats) including popular formats like
> TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, PhotoCD, and GIF.

This has my (superfluous, as it's gathered the required three already)
vote.

> ***Reviewer's Caveat***: ImageMagick depends on just about every library
> we have :)  I have not created a list of proper dependencies in the
> setup.hint file below, nor have I done so for the Cygwin-specific
> README.  This is not difficult to do, but it is time-consuming and I
> would like to get to bed; I will create this list later.  Or, I would
> appreciate it very much if someone else ran 'find -name "*.exe" | xargs
> cygcheck' and created a list of required packages for me.

Someone with a full Cygwin install could run

find . -name '*.exe' | xargs cygcheck | sed -e '/\.exe/d' -e 's,\\,/,g' | sort -bu | xargs -n1 cygpath -u | xargs cygcheck -f

from the .inst directory, which would get the list of library packages the
DLLs reside in.  It's a short step from there to the setup.hint dependence
list (I plan to use a similar command eventually in the automatic ITP
check script).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/