Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review

Pierre Humblet wrote:

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

[SNIP]

Btw, could cygwin use weak symbols instead of newsym?

I suspect this would take quite a bit of doing. In addition to being aliases, weak symbols are also supposed to be "weak". That is, if locally controlled source redefines the symbol, that local symbol is supposed to override the global one. I think this is really only used in situations such as LD_PRELOAD, where one library's functions are supposed to override the system's libraries without having to relink against that other lib.

Cheers,
Nicholas