TCM package layout

Hi Chuck,

[sorry for the delay, but I've been busy lately]

Charles Wilson wrote:

The source package is a little strange. It doesn't seem to follow either method 1 or method 2. However, it's very close to method 2 -- just a little tweaking. Daniel, see http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html for more info.

Hm, I think it is *very* close to method 1, not method 2. What's wrong?

The binary package is laid out thus:

/usr/X11R6/bin/
/usr/X11R6/man/
/usr/X11R6/share/tcm-2.20/ < runtime help >
/usr/X11R6/doc/tcm-2.20/  < html docu >
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/tcm-2.20.README

So, here's the question for the list. For the cygwin-specific README in a X-related package, where should it go?

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/  like "normal" packages?
/usr/X11/doc/Cygwin/ ?
/usr/X11/share/doc/Cygwin/ ?

I lean toward /usr/X11/doc/Cygwin/ just in the interests of keeping all things X-related under /usr/X11R6/...

I don't have any strong sentiment concerning this. I guess it's easier for users to have all READMEs in one place (/usr, because he/she will search it himself) whereas man-pages and executables are searched by the machine rather than by humans and can thus be placed in /usr/X11R6.

I won't move the README unless someone (preferrably a majority on this list) tells me to.

Opinions?

Best regards,
Daniel

Subject to resolution of that issue, and slight reworking of the source package to conform with method2 (basically, just adapt the generic-build-script), this looks good.