Re: Do X-related packages developed by myself need ITPs?

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:30:23PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>Should I be doing ITPs and waiting for votes?  Is there a less-formal
>process that package posters use (e.g. Hey, look at this, if no one
>complains, then I am posting it.)?
>
>If this isn't interesting for cygwin-apps then just let me know and I
>will send review requests but not an ITP.
>
>As I said before, I felt kind of quilty that I could just upload
>whatever I wanted... but if everyone is okay with that, then I shouldn't
>be cluttering this list.

I've always considered the xfree86 part of the release as your fiefdom.
However, I think that the ITP and review process is extremely valuable,
so if you want to avail yourself of it, I think that the packages will
benefit, assuming that there are people here who are willing to review
xfree86 packages.

So, it's your call either way.

cgf