Re: Setup.exe: Font issue

Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:
Hi Robert,

Robert Collins <rbcollins@cygwin.com> writes:

I'm still a little leery, as the already pointed out limitations -
are there machines with vector instead of bitmaps Dlg fonts.

As I already mentioned before, that is not the issue at all.  It's
nice for debugging to wonder if the actual effects are causes by
something like this.  But neither the final analysis nor the solution
is affected by it.

I must have missed something along the way - sorry.

Does it interact (worsely) with large/small font settings. And so
on.

The exact point of the patch is that it interacts *better* than the
current choice.

It intereacts better _for the limited testing_ it has had. We have a user base of a few thousand, the error has been reported by, oh, 10 users, and it's been tested on even less machines (AFAIK).

Rob