Re: a2ps download site

On the issue of the build directory - I am using a modified version of the
build script from the Guidelines, but one directory does not want to build
in the .build directory. I changed the script to build in place and
everything builds fine. I can get rid of the .build directory since I don't
use it. The other stuff you listed can be easily fixed. Let me know if
building in place is ok, and then I'll upload the latest version of the
packages.

Thanks
Dave

                    Igor Pechtchanski
                    <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot e       To:     David Hudson/INV/CG/CAPITAL at CG
                    du>                      cc:     cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: a2ps download site
                    cygwin-apps-owner@
                    cygwin.com

                    04/15/2003 11:50
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    cygwin-apps

David,

Looks much better now.
A few more nits:
- The patch still has CRLF line endings.
- The .tar.gz file extracted from the source archive has executable bits
set.
- Why does the "all" step in the script perform the "spkg" and "pkg"
steps?  They are not needed for the build.  Neither is "finish", for that
matter.  (That may be an artifact of the build script, if so, ignore this).
- Is there a particular reason why the build is performed in-place, rather
than in a .build directory (which is created, BTW)?

Other than that, all seems to be ok.  The build seems to work.  As I said,
I haven't tested the binaries, but I assume you did and they work.  The
patch now contains only the Cygwin-specific README and the setup.hint, so
it's basically an OOTB build, anyway.

So, once the package is deemed ready, we wait until you accumulate the
necessary votes (I think you have already), and someone with access will
upload your package to the mirror.  It might be a good idea for you to
include the URLs of 3 files in the follow-up message: the binary and
source package tarballs and setup.hint, so that they're all in one place.
           Igor