RE: setup.. release ready?

> From: Robert Collins
>
> That shouldn't prevent you using a local mirror though. Does it prevent
> you using a local mirror?

<thoughtful>humm, nooo</thoughtful> that would work, the only
(minor) complication then would be that folks would need to keep
the cygwin cache stuff on their machines as well as the setup app
(at the moment, everything is stored on my machine which folks using
setup via the share too) which, being a (predominate) Microsoft shop
might make folks less likely to want to install cygwin...

Question: are there any instructions on how to setup a local mirror?
do I have to merge the two setup.ini files I get from the internet
mirrors?  Do I have to run a webserver? (I do anyway, but...)

> > HOWEVER, I'm not against releasing setup as stands (it has far
> > too many improvements) if a release with a fix for this was OK'd
> > fairly soon after a patch (commandline off switch?) was checked
> > in.
>
> Well, a command line 'off' switch will do the job. It will require
> conscious decision.. yep, I'm happy with that.

:)

J.