Re: juggling patches...

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 12:43, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:03:23AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >Thats cool. The offer remains open. arch would be great for this (as it
> >addresses all the points above :}), but I simply don't have time to port
> >it properly to cygwin.
>
> "arch"?  As in Tom Lord's arch?  *Shudder*

Is the shudder over Tom, or arch ? If Tom, then I can understand ;]. If
arch itself - have you tried a recent version? I've found arch to be
incredibly useful, making some of the things I'd fought with CVS to make
happen trivial. (Notably disconnected work and local branches).

> Maybe we should see if bitkeeper will donate some code to us.  After all they
> use cygwin for some of their stuff.  Seems only fair.

Could be. Mind you, I can't use bitkeeper (and don't want to). Hopefully
I won't start an incessant discussion if I mention that a) the licence
prevents me using it ( I've a side-project called barch, which is a C++
implementation of the arch logic) and b) the compulsory
public-visibility for 'free' use of it really sticks in my craw.

> Then we get reasonable people with reasonable support.
>
> Perhaps even better, we could then have incessant discussions about the
> fact that bitkeeper isn't free and we could cast aspersions on Larry
> McVoy's character (inside joke for anyone who reads linux-kernel).
>
> cgf
> TCM

TCM?

Rob